- Hold tape snuggly, but not skin tight.
- For garments which will be worn with none or a thin layer of clothing underneath, make sure you measure over comparable-weight clothing. This will help to give the most accurate measurements. For garments which will be worn with thick clothing underneath, (i.e. jackets, butcher frocks, coveralls, shopcoats, lab coats), measure over clothing which is comparable in thickness to the clothing that will be worn underneath. This will help to give the most accurate measurements.
- If possible, use measuring tape made out of fabric for the waist neck, and chest. Use metal measuring tape for the inseam and sleeve.
- Look straight ahead while measuring as movement can affect the measurement.
How to measure:
Pants, Bib Overalls, Painter Pants:
Specify waist and inseam (for women, also specify hip) measurement in inches.
Specify waist (for women, also specify hip) measurement in inches.
Lined Jackets, Shop Coats, Lab Coats, Office Coats, Smocks, Butcher Frocks, Overall Jackets:
Specify sleeve, chest, and waist (for women, also specify hip) in inches
Specify waist and chest. (For height 5'7"-6'0" order regular. For height 6'1"-6'4" order long/tall)
Specify neck, sleeve, chest, and torso in inches.
1. Read care labels in all garments before washing.
2. To avoid wrinkling, immediately remove garment from the dryer.
3. Check all pockets and remove any items from them before washing.
4. Wash colors and whites separately.
5. DO NOT USE bleach, as it can damage or leave a yellow residue on the fabric.
How To Measure
Waist Size (A):
Measure just above hipbone at the natural waistline. Stand relaxed, not holding your stomach in, as this will result in an inaccurate measurement.
Measure from base of crotch to top edge of shoe, standing upright. Try to wear the shoe which will be worn with the pants.
Measure loosly around the neck.
Measure from the center back of the neck to the wrist.
Measure underneath the armpits completely around the body.
Hips-for women (F):
Measure completely around the hips.
Torso (Back Length) (G):
From the back, measure from base of neck to bottom of buttocks.